Friday, November 16, 2012

November Goodies Box - Goodies.co Wins Again



The November Goodies.co box came today - and it has some interesting things - and a lot of them!  Plus a bonus for first subscribers! 

This is the Entertaining made Simple box.  Interesting concept - the idea, I suppose, is that it is things to try that you might have on hand or purchase to impress your guests (or at least please them) without having to go through a lot of work.  With that in mind, that is how I will judge them.


Up First - Biscoff Spread!  What? Interestingly enough, a kind of nutella like thing - a european spread made of cookies and stuff, designed to spread on bread, toast, etc.  Have to try it tomorrow.
Next up, something familar - white cheddar popcorn, from Oogie's Gourmet Popcorn..  Now, I was not impressed this was in the box.  Popped popcorn?  Really?  However....It tastes good.  A little stale, sure, but great taste and not oversalted.  If I saw this in the store, I might buy it.  I would buy it.  Crazy.  I already want back to the bag twice while tasting other items.

Now the next one does not really fit the box - Entertaining made Simple.  It is a chocolate souffle mix - sounds great.  Says it "Includes everything you need to make 2 perfect souffles"  Awesome.

Everything but...
1 Jumbo Egg (who even buys Jumbo Eggs?  I have to go buy a dozen to make two souffles?)
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, softened, not melted (Not salted butter, unsalted)
Hand Mixer
Ice Cream Scooper
Ok, this is simple?  Everything included?


Bobbysue's Nuts is next - tiny bag.  Ugh.  Nuts with a mission.  Ugh - really?  Doesn't everyone?

However...they taste really good.  Slight sweet, slightly salty, slightly something else.  Ok, I will buy these.  Not sure I would share them however....

Next...Tea?  Pass.  Give it to the daughter.  Plus I am so done with all the seasonal flavored items.



 

This will be popular in the house - Dark Quinoa Organic Chocolate from Alter Eco (Eco, get it, not Ego, Eco.  Can I just say blech - I am so tired of that advertising schtick) - light crispy crunch as it is made with nutty toasted quinoa.  First smell - very cocoa rich.  And the taste - it's dark, bittersweet chocolate alright.  Plus, it is all those things good foodies are supposed to buy - Vegan, GMO free, soy free, organic, fair trade and carbon neutral.  And saving the Amazon.  If you like dark chocolate you will like this.


Final food item - Cracker Snack - American Vintage Wine Biscuits.  Very interesting.  Thick, kind of like a cookie.  But savory, not sweet.  And while they are not hot, you can tell they have some cayanne pepper in them on the back end.  I bet they would be great with cheese or humus.  I could see putting these out in place of some ritz crackers.


And finally...the bonus for original subscribers -


A 100% Organic Cotton Farmers Market Bag

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't wait till I go to the Farmers Market with my Walmart Bag.....Really?  Think that will be a welcome sight?

Well, I will be proud to carry it.  Not sure my kids will want to be seen with me, but hey, it's a nice bag.

1 comment:

Blogs said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

petitchef.com